Veneers – A veneer is a thin shell of porcelain placed over natural teeth to improve the appearance of your smile. By hiding the underlying colour, shape, size and position of your teeth, porcelain can ultimately create a more uniform smile, with very minimal tooth preparation.
- Eliminate spaces between your teeth
- Restore broken or chipped teeth
- Replace stained, discoloured and unsightly fillings
- Cover permanently stained teeth (due to antibiotic or fluorosis staining)
- Correct crooked or rotated teeth
- Whiten your teeth
Veneers are between 0.3- 0.5mm in thickness, but once bonded to your teeth, they are very strong. Porcelain is translucent, so the appearance is extremely natural, allowing natural light to pass through.
Veneers are often used as an alternative to crowns, as they are extremely thin and require little or no anaesthesia during preparation. Veneers require minimal natural tooth to be removed for a secure bond to be achieved.
Veneers are made from impressions of your natural teeth. These provide an exact structure of each tooth, creating a veneer that will look and feel like your natural tooth.